Click on any of the below frequently asked questions for our concierge’s answer!
- There is a convenient parking garage located directly across the street from the hotel. The garage entrance is on 8th street, between Walnut and Locust Streets. The fee for 24 hours is $30.00.
For this parking garage only, the Morris House Hotel will validate your parking ticket for a 15% discount. Please make sure you bring the ticket to the front desk at time of check-in.
Daily parking times and rates:
|0 minute – 30 minutes||$7.00USD|
|31 minutes – 1 hour||$14.00 USD|
|1 hour and 1 minute – 1 hour 30 minutes||$21.00 USD|
|Maximum # 1 – 1 hour 31 minutes – 12 hours||$25.00 USD|
|Maximum # 2 – 12 hours 1 minute – 24 hours||$30.00 USD|
|Evening Special – in after 6 p.m. – out before 5a.m.||$15.00 USD|
- You may also use Central parking, located on 925 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102. It is a short 4-minute walk from the hotel. If you wish to use Central parking, please print out a coupon by clicking hereor by visiting:
|Any 3 hours||$10.00USD|
|Any 6 hours||$11.00USD|
|Any 12 hours||$13.00USD|
|Any 24 hours||$18.00USD|
|Evening rate for parking after 5pm and exiting by 8 am, weekends||$8.00 USD|
- There is also parking on the street though it may be hard to find.
- Philadelphia offers free parking Wednesday nights and on holidays. More information.
- The hotels main entrance is located off of St James Street, a half block south of Walnut Street n the left hand side. You are more than welcome to pull in through our front gates to unload your luggage and check in. Our concierge will happily assist you with your bags.
- We are more than happy to hold your luggage at the front desk while you roam the city.
- The front desk concierge will be able to call a cab for you with a pick up at the hotels front main entrance on St James Street. If you prefer to hail a cab city style, there is a flux of cabs by the Starbucks a half block down the road on 8th and Walnut Street.
- A cab ride to or from the airport will take about 25 minutes and cost $30.
- The SEPTA Regional Rail Line from the airport to Market East (8th and Market Street) takes about 15 minutes, will cost $7 and is only 3 blocks north of the Hotel.
- If you need driving directions from the airport, please click here.
- M Restaurant—231 South 8th Street (215) 625-6666 www.mrestaurantphilly.com
- Farmer’s Cabinet—1113 Walnut Street (215) 923-1113 www.thefarmerscabinet.com
- The Farm & Fisherman—1120 Pine Street (267) 687-1555 www.thefarmandfisherman.com
- Vedge (vegetarian)—1221 Locust Street (215) 320-7500 www.vedgerestaurant.com
- Zinc—246 S. 11th St. (215) 351-9901 www.zincbarphilly.com
- I know you want the insider scoop on Philly’s world famous cheesesteak rivalry between Pat’s (founded 1966) and Gino’s (founded 1966). We all have our opinion but you’ll just have to decide the true cheesy champion for yourself.
- If you want tip from a Philly insider, try a local’s joint. I recommend Jim’s Steaks, a real top notch spot Philly cheesesteak spot.
- Jim’s Steaks: 400 South Street (215) 928-1911 http://www.jimssouthstreet.com/
- Bars & Clubs
- Old City:
- Cuba Libre- Saturday night tango @ 2nd/ Market
- Bleu Martini- weekend dance floor @ 2nd/ Market
- National Mechanics- bank converted into a night club @ 3rd/ Market
- Plough and the Stars
- Rittenhouse Square:
- Vango Night Club @ South 18th & Chestnut
- Old City:
- Comedy Clubs:
Helium Comedy Club, The Laff House, Comedy Cabaret, Comedy Sportz Philly
- Piano Bars:
Howl at the Moon, Duel Piano Bar, Jolly’s Piano Bar
- Live Jazz:
Chris’ Jazz Café, M Restaurant, Bob & Barbara’s Lounge, Time
- Penn’s Landing:
Penn’s Landing is located right on the water at 101 Columbus Boulevard and offers, skating rinks, games, fireworks, live music, movie nights, and a variety of other fun activities depending the season.
- Game Bars and Pool Halls:
Buffalo Billiards, Dave and Busters
- Boat Rides:
Spirit Cruises offer lunch and dinner cruise rides along the Delaware. We also suggest, Patriot Harbor Lines and RiverLink Ferry.
- Night Tours:
Tipplers Tour for a historic bar crawl, The Philly by Night Tour for a bus tour, Ghost Tour for a walking tour.
- Check-in: 3:00 p.m.
- Check-out: 11:00 a.m.
- Yes, the front desk concierge is available 24/7.
- The Morris House Hotel offers unique and exquisite amenities that can be placed in your room to heighten the experience. Please contact out front desk concierge for more information.
- Our guest office area is located in the room next to the front desk with access to a desktop computer with internet access as well as a printer.
- We offer complimentary Wi-Fi free to our guests.
- Our continental breakfast is free of charge and is served in our Library everyday, from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00a.m.
- Yes, we have Gluten Free and Vegan options available for breakfast.
- We serve tea and home baked cookies from 3p.m every day.
- Coffee, tea, and fresh water are available all day in our sitting room across from the library.
- We offer complimentary glass of red or white wine one per guest, between 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
served in the M Restaurant bar. If closed, please contact the hotel’s front desk concierge. Please show your room keys.
- Yes. Our on-site restaurant, M Restaurant, is open for dinnerTuesday to Saturday, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m; and from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday.
- Please contact our front desk concierge for more information on bike rental services.
- Our hotel is conveniently located close to Walnut and Chestnut Street shopping, about a 10-15 minute walk.
- Liberty Place
- There is an Optimal Sport Health Club, located at 601 Walnut Street LL30, only two blocks away from the hotel. It is $10 per person/per day (all classes are included).
Please ask the concierge for your pass. More information: Learn more
- SEPTA Trains: Each ride will cost you 1 token or $2.25 in cash, no change can be given. The two major trains for in city travel are the Market Frankfort Line (blue) running East to West across the city and the Broad Street Line (orange) running North to South across the city, this is a popular means of transportation to the sports complexes. Another popular train is the one to Manayunk for the main street strip. To find all schedules, please check here http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/index.html
- SEPTA Bus: Each ride will cost you one token or $2.25 in cash, no change can be given. The bus’ run up and down most major streets and a schedule can be found here http://www.septa.org/schedules/bus/
- PHLASH Bus: The PHLASHcovers 20 popular tourist spots, a one ride pass is $3, a day time pass is $5. These passes can be purchased at the concierge desk or right on the bus but please bring exact change. The PHLASH runs from May 9th to December 28th, for more information, please check out http://www.visitphilly.com/tours/philadelphia/phlash/
- Cabs: The city has constant cabs running along popular streets that can be hailed at any time. To call a cab to a specific location, please contact the main hub at (215) 467-6666
- PATCO Train: This train will take you from Center City, through Camden Waterfront to Popular Local New Jersey Stops ending at Lindenwold Station. Each ticket can be purchased at the station through a kiosk and varies in price depending on where you are heading. http://www.ridepatco.org/
- Uber: Is a black town car service that connects to your credit card and works as a smart phone app. For more information, please check out https://www.uber.com/cities/philadelphia
- NJ Transit: If you are heading to local New Jersey locations or down to AC for the night, please check out the NJ Transit schedule at http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainTo
- Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on the Morris House Hotel property.
- All of our rooms provide for double occupancy.
- There will be an additional charge for a third guest:
Children ages 6-12: $20
Guests ages 13 and older: $30
- We are able to accommodate additional persons in our Large Extended Suites, which are rooms 101, 102, 401, 402, 501, and 502. They include a queen size bed in the bedroom and a queen size pull out bed in the living room. Please contact our front desk concierge for more details.
- Another accommodation for an additional third guest are our Mini Suites, which are rooms 203 and 303. In addition to the queen size bed, each room comes with either a twin pull out bed or a twin cot in the attached sitting room.
- For a one night stay, your credit card will be charged for the total balance on the day of booking.
- For a two or more night stay, your credit card will be charged half of the total balance on the day of booking. The rest will be charged upon check out.
- There is a 15.5% tax added to all room rates.
- Please note that the Morris House is a historic landmark and, in order to preserve and maintain its historic significance, there is no elevator. Our guests can be accommodated on the ground floor, second floor, or third floor via stairs.
- Children are welcome when accompanied with parents or guardians.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- Be sure to check out the vintage boutique shops around 2nd & Market
- Penn’s Landing has wonderful concerts in the summertime
- The first Friday of every month art galleries around the city open for First Friday showings with free wine and cheese!
Check out www.visitphilly.com for great Philadelphia events and ideas
- The closest station to our hotel is Market East at 8thStreet & Market.
- Trains to Market East:
- Market-Franklin Line (Blue Line)
- The PATCO line at Market East services Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Regional Rail
- Also stops at Suburban Station and 30th Street Station, the major transportation hub for SEPTA, Regional Rail, Bolt & Megabus and Amtrak
- Trains to Market East:
- Market East Station is also the closest station to the Pennsylvania Convention Center and Reading Terminal Market
Have more specific questions? Ask our concierge on our contact us page.
We are more than happy to hold your luggage at the front desk while you roam the city.