Click on any of the below frequently asked questions for our concierge’s answer!
- There is a parking lot across the street from the hotel. We can give you a 15% discount to the garage. Parking for 24 hours will cost $30.
- There is also parking on the street though it may be hard to find.
- Philadelphia offers free parking Wednesday nights and on holidays. More information.
- The hotels main entrance is located off of St. James Street, a half block south of Walnut Street on the left hand side. You are more than welcome to pull in through our front gates to unload your luggage and check in. Our concierge will happily assist you with your bags.
- We are more than happy to hold your luggage at the front desk while you roam the city.
- A cab can be at our front door in under five minutes to take you anywhere in Philadelphia.
- The cab from the airport takes about 25 minutes and will cost $30.
- The SEPTA Regional Rail Line from the airport to Market East (8th & Market) takes about 15 minutes and will cost $7. From 8th and Market the hotel is only three blocks south.
- If you need driving directions from the airport, please click here.
- M Restaurant—231 South 8th Street (215) 625-6666 www.mrestaurantphilly.com
- Farmer’s Cabinet—1113 Walnut Street (215) 923-1113 www.thefarmerscabinet.com
- The Farm & Fisherman—1120 Pine Street (267) 687-1555 www.thefarmandfisherman.com
- Vedge (vegetarian)—1221 Locust Street (215) 320-7500 www.vedgerestaurant.com
- Union Trust—717 Chestnut Street (215) 925-6000 www.uniontruststeakhouse.com
- I know you want the insider scoop on Philly’s world famous cheesesteak rivalry between Pat’s (founded 1966) and Gino’s (founded 1966). We all have our opinion but you’ll just have to decide the true cheesy champion for yourself.
- If you want tip from a Philly insider, try a local’s joint. I recommend Jim’s Steaks, a real top notch spot Philly cheesesteak spot.
- Jim’s Steaks: 400 South Street (215) 928-1911 http://www.jimssteaks.com/SouthStreet.html
Bars & Clubs
- Old City:
- Continental @ 2nd/ Market
- Cuba Libre- Saturday night tango @ 2nd/ Market
- Bleu Martini- weekend dance floor @ 2nd/ Market
- National Mechanics- bank converted into a night club @ 3rd/ Market
- Rittenhouse Square:
- Van Go Night Club @ South 18th & Chestnut
- Walnut Room @ South 17th & Walnut
- Be sure to check out the vintage boutique shops around 2nd & Market
- Penn’s Landing has wonderful concerts in the summertime
- The first Friday of every month art galleries around the city open for First Friday showings with free wine and cheese!
Check out www.visitphilly.com for great Philadelphia events and ideas
- The closest station to our hotel is Market East at 8thStreet & Market.
- Trains to Market East:
- Market-Franklin Line (Blue Line)
- The PATCO line at Market East services Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Regional Rail
- Also stops at Suburban Station and 30th Street Station, the major transportation hub for SEPTA, Regional Rail, Bolt & Megabus and Amtrak
- Trains to Market East:
- Market East Station is also the closest station to the Pennsylvania Convention Center and Reading Terminal Market
Have more specific questions? Ask our concierge on our contact us page.
We are more than happy to hold your luggage at the front desk while you roam the city.