There is nothing quite as exciting as planning a New Year’s Eve party. A New Year’s Eve party is the perfect opportunity to get together with friends and family to celebrate the past year and plan for the New Year. Planning a party is also a great way to let your creativity shine, but sometimes it is difficult to come up with new themes as a way to ring in the New Year. In case you are still planning for your party, here are 3 fun ideas to help you get started with your New Year’s Eve party.
Ring In The New Year With A Fun Party
Masquerade balls are not only fun, but a masquerade ball themed New Year’s Eve party is the perfect opportunity to wear your favorite gown or tux as well as beautiful masquerade masks. If you want to host a masquerade ball this New Year’s Eve, here are a few tips to help with the planning:
- Send invitations that are designed to look like masks
- Plan the color scheme and the decorations early, so you can let your guests know what colors to wear. For example, popular colors for New Year’s are black and silver or black and white.
- Make sure to order plenty of masks and have them available at the door, so your guests can put them on as soon as they enter the party. Diyfashion has some great diy masquerade mask tips.
- Choose party favors in the same colors as the masks and if you provide hats, make sure they have a slightly “elegant” look to them.
- If it’s in the budget, hire a catering service to serve the food.
- The perfect meal for a masquerade ball is a sit-down dinner. The table should be set with china and champagne flutes. The main course should be pork loin and do not forget to serve the other traditional foods for a lucky new year.
A poker themed New Year’s Eve Party is a fun way to allow your guests to relax on New Year’s Eve. Playing for a charity is always a good choice and there are a couple of different ways to handle the bets and the donations. For example, have your guests donate their winnings to the charity you have chosen or you can have each guest trade in $10 or $20 for poker chips and all of the proceeds for the chips will be donated to a charity.
- Decorating for a poker party: place green felt on the top of several folding tables. Use green, silver and white streamers and balloons.
- How to dress: casual is the way to go for a poker party, but don’t forget to wear your sunglasses so your eyes don’t give away that you have the winning hand.
- Food: the food should be simple, such as a variety of appetizers and snacks on the tables. If you are serving a meal, make it simple, such as sandwiches and a few different types of salad.
Treat your guests to a suspenseful evening that will keep them guessing all evening about what will happen next. Download one of the murder mystery game kits that includes instructions. There are several options to choose from, such as an old west shoot-out themed murder mystery. Decorate according to the theme of the murder mystery. For example, if you choose the old west shoot-out theme, use rustic decorations, light the fireplace and decorate with gingham table clothes. The dress code should be causal and comfortable. The food served should coordinate with the murder mystery. For example, the food for an old west shoot-out could include BBQ, such as a BBQ brisket or ribs, baked beans and potato salad.
Have Fun & Happy New Year
Whichever theme you choose as your New Year’s Eve party, , make it fun and memorable. If you expect a lot of guests to attend, consider reserving a conference room at a local hotel or banquet hall, time might be limited now but you never know unless you try. Happy New Year!